Home

Monday, July 25, 2011

My Great Grandmother's Shoe

I'd like to show you one of the coolest things I have in my possession.  It is my great grandmother's shoe.  It was made by her 60+ years ago.  The funny thing is, that as a child this shoe was at my grandmothers house in a small display case behind glass and I grew up thinking it was made of glass.  It's not.  It is JUST a shoe spray painted gold and covered in coloured seashells.   BUT....I love that it's her shoe.  I love that she wore such high heals.  I love that she was creative enough to put this together.  I love showing my girls something from their maternal past.  I love that I think about the amazing women in my family when I see it.  I love that it is covered in childhood memories.  I think it's lovely.
I think I need to carry on the tradition and make one of my shoe's up.
Linking with

2 comments: