Home

Monday, October 10, 2011

Being Thankful

Wow, it's been almost 2 weeks since I've been on the computer for longer than 15 minutes.  I have been so busy painting Annie sets (two more days before opening night).... YEAH!!  After getting up at 6:30 this morning and painting until 10:00 I can now say that I see the end.....and I am so thankful that my part is almost done and grateful for the friends that helped SO much.  I can't wait to post the pictures of the scenes. 

 I did want to post something else right now being Canadian Thanksgiving Day and that is the two desserts I tried  from pinterest.  You know when you see something and you pin it and don't even know if it tastes good?  Well now I have an opinion on two desserts.  First was this apple cream-cheese bundt cake from myrecipes.
Pinned Image
This cake looked just like the picture......so pretty.  This was VERY yummy and quite the hit with the kids and the majority of the adults.
(I didn't add the cup of chopped pecans because I don't like nuts in my cake and it was still really good.)

I also made this Gingerbread Pumpkin Trifle from taste of home
Gingerbread Pumpkin Trifle Recipe
This was so easy to make and made my house smell like gingerbread for the whole day.  The only thing that I didn't put in was the rum extract.  It was very yummy.  This was more appreciated by the adults as the ginger flavour was quite strong.  I had some of this for breakfast today and the flavors had mellowed and was even better.

Just thought I would pass on two really easy and yummy desserts that are definitely making it into my recipe book. 

1 comment: