Home

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Easy Scripture Bag

 
I've finally decided to tackle some of the sewing projects that need to be done for Christmas
 
My oldest needed a new scripture bag
and really wanted it to be
turquoise and green.
 
So I scrounged through my fat quarters and scraps and made this bag.
 
 
 
It was a free tutorial from
 
I love how easy it was to understand and to sew together.
 I used a heavier fabric on the outside because I wasn't going to quilt it, but
there is a product that adds weight to other fabrics called 
Pellon 809 decor bond.
This was my first lined project and I'm glad that it turned out and went together so easily.
 
 
Below is a picture of the outside (left) and inside (right) fabrics
(I made a flower in grey satin for the embellishment)
 
I also liked how the finished bag can fit
a Quad,
YW Personal Progress books,
 a Strength of Youth,
a True to the Faith 
and still have room for a pack of gum.
:)
 
 
 
Only two more to go.
 
 
linking with
 
 

3 comments: